Special Enrollment Period
Special Enrollment Dates:
After Open Enrollment ends, you can enroll in a private health plan only if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period due to changes to your household, income, and some other factors. How do you know? Let FCIS help!
now – November 30, 2023
Before you apply with an SEP
There are a few things you should know about Special Enrollment Periods (SEPs) before you fill out an application for 2023 coverage with an SEP.
Any 2023 plan you enroll in with a Special Enrollment Period ends December 31, 2023. This is true no matter what month in 2023 your coverage starts.
To qualify for a Special Enrollment Period, you must have a qualifying life event.
Qualifying Life Events: Here are some examples of qualifying life events for special enrollment period:
- Losing Badgercare coverage
- Marriage or divorce
- Having a baby, adopting a child, or placing a child for adoption or foster care
- Moving your residence, gaining citizenship, leaving incarceration
- Losing other health coverage—due to losing job-based coverage, COBRA expiration, aging off a parent’s plan, losing eligibility for Medicaid or BadgerCare, and similar circumstances. Important: Voluntarily ending coverage or failure to pay premium doesn’t qualify you for a Special Enrollment Period. Neither does losing coverage that doesn’t qualify as minimum essential coverage.
- For people already enrolled in Marketplace coverage: Having a change in income or household status that affects eligibility for premium tax credits or cost-sharing reductions
Once a qualifying life event occurs, you have up to 60 days to enroll or update. FCIS is here to help you with your special enrollment period and help determine if you qualify.
Do you qualify for Special Enrollment?
At FCIS, we can help determine if you qualify and help with your options.
Believe in our knowledge. Value our product. Depend on our support.
At FCIS, we take pride in sharing the wealth of our insurance knowledge. We want to empower you to understand your insurance plan. We represent the nation's top rated insurance companies within the five state area - so we offer the best in our product. We believe that insurance can be accessible with the right support, and our service is top-notch. No question is too small or complicated.